Waypoint is raising up a people with a passion for Jesus and His purposes in the world. We long to see a church multiplying movement in which the Kingdom of God comes. As a result, deep, authentic relationship with Jesus and with one another becomes a reality, and our city and the un-reached areas of our world are forever changed by His presence.
Our Core Values
- We are a church that values INTIMACY with Jesus as our highest calling. We will abandon ourselves to his love.
- We are GENEROUS, giving up things we love for things we love even more. We truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We actively seek holistic TRANSFORMATION of our community that reflects the reign of the Kingdom of God. If our community is not being changed by the love of God, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
- Radical OBEDIENCE is our only response to the amazing grace of God. We will go where he leads and respond to his call no matter what the cost.
- We give ourselves to grow in our walk with Jesus through DISCIPLESHIP. Each person at Waypoint Church will have opportunities to become a reproducing disciple through life-on-life discipleship and LifeGroup communities.
- In all things, we strive for unity in the body by developing and nurturing COMMUNITY. We know that the world will know of God’s love by the love we have for one another.
- We serve one another, our community, and the world through EQUIPPING each person to function out of the place God has anointed for them. We expect Waypoint Church to be the most passion-filled place on earth where everyone has an opportunity to be faithful, fruitful and fulfilled.
Our Lead Pastor
Born in Roseburg, Oregon, Matthew Anderson and his family moved 3 different places before he went away to attend Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky. There he received his degree in Theology/Missiology, before moving to Omaha where he helped start a non-profit organization that works with the poor around the world. It was in Omaha that he met his wife, Amanda.
After marrying in 1995, Matthew and Amanda moved to North Carolina where they served as youth pastors. After a year and a half in North Carolina, the Andersons moved back to Omaha to help start an inner city ministry. In September of 2000, Matthew and Amanda were asked to launch an 18-30′s ministry, which they pastored for 7 years, before God led them to plant Waypoint in September of 2007.
Matthew and Amanda have 3 children, Hayes, Maylin, and Teddy. When he isn’t with his family, he likes to spend his free time mountain biking, reading suspense novels, working on household projects and watching sports.
Matthew has a passion to see a church planting movement happen in his lifetime, and to see his family love God, love the Church, and love the world.